Thursday, June 16, 2011

breakfast


whats under all that delicious mess of banana, blueberries, chia seeds, almond butter and jam?
a delicious higher protein oatmeal pancake. I love this recipe because it keeps me full for like 5 hours. I used to love this meal before work because I usually didn't have much time to take for lunch.

so yummy. woke up early with husband today for a run down to Teddy Roosevelt Island, we ran on the trail around the island twice and then back home for around 4.5 miles


when we got back, husband was rushing around trying to get ready for work fast so I made him a quick oatmeal topped  with all the goodness my pancake had. 

i finished his oatmeal with a good drizzle of honey. I have been eating every meal possible on my new plate. I don't think I will grow tired of it, every other plate option in our temporary housing is a bit drab.
I like to glam out my food with a pretty backdrop. 

the run this morning felt really great. I took yesterday a bit easy, I may have been over training myself lately. I just start to get panicked when thinking about the races I have signed up for and tend to go out and over do it on a run or ride. 

4 comments:

  1. The oatmeal has sustained me throughout the day, even though we woke up early and ran. Mallory is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you are addressing someone in your comment as if anyone reads this but you and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pancake recipe, please!

    (and now I am a devoted reader.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. anna!
    recipe is

    1 egg
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    vanilla, pinch salt, cinnamon (optional)

    whisk ingredients together, sometimes I add fresh berries to the mix so they get all warm and juicy.

    heat coconut oil in a pan,
    dollop pancakes and cook really well before flipping they tend to be more fragile.

    * Lately I have been making it with 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup oats to 1 egg, mixing in protein powder or coconut flour around 1 tbs per batch. the powder or flour help hold it together.

    ReplyDelete